We have planned since last year a ride with our solar bikes from France to Italy going through the Alps.
It took a while to find a good itinerary: we agreed with Stéphane that the ideal period for this ride was beginning of June 2019.
So I started from Versailles and Stéphane from Dijon and we met in Troyes: from there we rode together following the agreed track.
Overall statistics: 1300km in 9 days, 13000m. of altitude gain, average 150km/day.
Here below it is an extract from my “Komoot” bike navigation application.
This is the list of all the 9 legs we completed in 9 days:
1) Versailles (St Nom) > Troyes, longest ride of 193 km/day
2) Troyes > Langres
3) Langres > Lomont
4) Lomont > Frick (Suisse)
5) Frick > Bludenz (Austria) with the greatest altitude gain of 1970m/day
6) Bludenz > Inzing
7) Inzing > Aicha (Italy) with the lowest average speed of 19km/h and shortest ride of 99 km/day
8) Aicha > Oberdrauburg (Austria)
9) Oberdrauburg > San Daniele del Friuli (Italy) with the highest average speed of 26km/h
Here below you can see the details of every leg from Strava, with a picture of the camping/hotel/house we stayed on that day.